Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tin Can

I suppose it was the way the can blended in with the dead leaves and general undergrowth from the trees that intrigued me.  I'm not sure where the can came from ... possibly launched over the fence from next door by some errant child a few years ago?  I wanted to isolate the can as much as possible from other objects in the frame so selected a wide aperture (f1.8) and focussed on the front edge of the can.  I decided to leave the green plant in the foreground for a bit of contrast, but can't say I'm sure it should be there.

Rather intrigued with the contrasts in the image I converted in to monochrome.  Can't say I'm particularly impressed with either picture but feel there's an image of value somewhere in there with that can and the undergrowth.  Any tips, tricks or hints?  If you have, please attach them as a comment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment