Friday, June 10, 2011

The waterworks ... cropping

I'm still looking through some old photos and came across this set of bracketed images I took whilst back in the UK.  The shot is of the waterworks close to the Lancashire town of Edgeworth.  Behind me is the Wayoh reservoir that feeds the water works you see in the first shot in this post.  I suppose I was quite taken with the mass of concrete and I quite like the effect HDR has with concrete, but somehow this image just seems to be missing something.  Perhaps there's just too much in the shot and the eye gets confused?  With this in mind I tried a tighter crop ... not of the waterworks, but of the three storey buildings in the hillside opposite; I wanted to retain much of the sky and clouds.

So, what do you think?  Better before, or after the crop?

No comments:

Post a Comment