Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A couple of Proteas


Well, perhaps not proteas as such, but certainly part of the protea family.  I've always been fascinated by these plants.  Their blooms can be quite strange as well, and, in some case quite large.  They often have "hairy" parts to them ... to collect moisture I suppose?  These hairs are perhaps necessary as the plants originate from a somewhat dry part of the world where rainfall is quite low.  I can recall them not doing well in damp parts of the garden.

All shots in this post were taken with the 50mm f1.8 lens.  Apertures at f2.8 and ISO set to 200.  I must try using ISO 100, but have been told the contrast levels are rather low when using ISO100.  I can recall in the days of film that ISO 200 was seen as quite fast and I often used Kodachrome 25!  How things have changed.  Are the photos any better?  I'm not really sure about that ... but I certainly take a lot more than I ever did with film!

I'll finish this post with a couple more shots of the flowers.  Perhaps let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment