Saturday, December 18, 2010

The tree is up!

The tree is up and decorations have started so Christmas must have arrived.  This year, for a change, we've decided to have a "real" tree instead of the imitation version we usually have.  The pine fragrance is filling the house and the pine needles are starting to fill the vacuum cleaner!  I suspect next year we'll be back to the imitation tree and will delight in the lack of needles on the floor.

So, as darkness approached and the lights were switched on I couldn't resist pointing my camera at some of the ornaments.  Tripod and interval timer were used to try to minimise shake and exposures were in the seconds.  My 50mm lens was selected, wide open (to blur the background) and a few shots taken just for fun.  What do you think?  Festive?

1 comment:

  1. I love the star with the light gently glowing through. Very nice, Christopher John.

    ReplyDelete