Friday, December 3, 2010

nzcjs.com

It had to happen one day, and today was to be the day.  http://nzcjs.com has arrived.  Thanks to my son, I now have my very own website.  I was recommended GreenGeeks and the deal seem pretty good, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  GreenGeeks were great.  No issues there.  The problem was setting up the site.  We tried some of available website building tools from GreenGeeks, but with time contraints to get some images available for viewing we fell back on ftp and familiar tools like Apple's iWeb and Adobe's Lightroom.  So what do you think?  For a first attempt by father and son to get some images of musicians on the web did we do good, or did we make a mess.  Take a look and let me know what you think.  Haha! You can even email me at chris@nzcjs.com.
Looking through the images made me realise just how many shots of musicians I'd taken since I got the Nikon camera.  First shot on the post was taken back in April this year at the Ivory Lounge.  It's not the same image as you saw last time, but certainly very similar.  I was using Nikon's NX2 and remember being seriously frustrated with the red lights used at the Ivory Lounge.  The image of Ross in this post has been processed in Lightroom and converted to monochrome.

The last image in the post is of a weed in the garden I spotted the other day.  I've added it to this post just for variety really, but also because both shots were taken with the same lens.  Nikon's 50mm f1.8.  This is Nikon's cheapest lens and without doubt the best value for money optically speaking Nikon offer.

If you're in Auckland and fancy a 50mm lens of your own, take a trip down to Progear ... they always have good deals on cameras and lenses :-)
.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics! I am def getting a 50mm fixed for use with my Nikon D7000.

    ReplyDelete