Saturday, June 5, 2010

Contagious

Botany Town Centre on Friday night in the Cock 'n Bull and Contagious were performing on stage.  I was impressed!  These guys had a great little light show going, videos displayed on a few of screens behind them and they were also a very good band.  Judging by the number of people dancing and applauding I wasn't the only one enjoying the performance.

It was a 9.30pm start and after a busy week at work I was just too tired to stay very long.  The band, however, kept going until 2am; I, on the other hand, was fast asleep by then!

Anyway, the real reason I went to the Cock 'n Bull was to try and get some shots of Dylan Elise.  I've met Dylan previously on a few occasions and tried to get some photographs, but the drummer is invariably at the back of the band, obscured by microphone stands and other equipment and often in the shadow of the other more "mobile" musicians.  I was hoping this night was going to be different and had heard Contagious used a bit of a light show so things were sounding hopeful.

I managed a few shots, but still used a high ISO and the lens was pretty open at f1.8.  As usual, the nifty fifty was the lens of choice.  You'll notice the variety of colours in the images of Dylan, all thanks to the rather nice light show the band was running.

Speaking of the band, here's a few more shots of the guitarist and the lead singer from Contagious.  Let me know what you think and if you want any images just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment