Sunday, June 20, 2010

Contagious at the Cock 'n Bull

Contagious ... great name for the band!  Dancing to the band at the Cock 'n Bull was certainly contagious on Saturday night.  Contagious put on a good show and there's some talent in the musicians on stage.

I've been trying to get some good shots of live musicians for a wee while now and I'm often challenged by the light.  It's often dark and pretty monotonous, but not with Contagious!  These guys put on a great light show with a variety of colour and light sources.  Great for me taking shots of the performers!  Mind you, it's not always bright lights.  Sometimes there's quite subdued lighting on the performers, but with a dark background this can give quite a dramatic effect.
The second shot in this post is of Carlos Cameron, the band's lead guitarist.  Carlos often seems to lurk in the shadows and I've found him somewhat tricky to capture "on film".  However, on Saturday night there was a  wee spotlight on Carlos enabling the shot you see.  I was quite pleased with this ... what do you think?

Other members of the band you can see in this post are Birgette Tino (vocals) , Terrence Guillard (bass guitar & vocals),  Frank Ella (drums and percussion) and Brett Robertson.

I'll put some more photos of the band on Facebook should you want to see more of them ... then again, check out their website or better still go see them perform live.  I suspect you won't be disappointed!

Oh, if you click on the photos you get an enlargement.  Perhaps let me know what you think of the shots and if you want any, just send me an email.  Details on on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment