Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bird Food Recipe

Very cold this morning and not an easy decision to get out of a nice warm bed. Last night we made a special mixture for the birds and put out some bird feeders ready for the cold weather. We didn't really expect it being so cold today, but the birds were glad of the food! I've been at work all day, so no pictures I'm afraid. I'll attach the recipe we use below. Let me know whether the birds in your area enjoy the food as much as ours do here in Auckland, NZ.

Recipe ingredients: 2 cups peanut butter, 2 cups lard, 4 cups rolled oats, 4 cups cornmeal, 3 cups bird seed.
Recipe method
: Melt lard and peanut butter in a pan then add in the oats, cornmeal and seeds. Mix well, then, when cooler, press into pine cones or coconut halves and hang for the birds. We keep unused food in the freezer. Give it a go! I'm sure the birds will love it and you can then tell me how you got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment