Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kippers!

Bus driving the old girls was, as you'd expect, great fun. Highly amusing characters with some wonderful stories. Weather was a bit wet, but that didn't dampen their conversation. Next time I get to drive the bus is August.

Grocery shopping at Botany's Pak'n Save and guess what I found? Scottish kippers! Whoa, I haven't had kippers in ages and could smell and taste them even though they were frozen and in the packet. As you would expect, as soon as I did take them out of the packet to cook them, everyone in the house could smell them! Wonderful meal :-)

Tried a bit more with HDR - this is turning out to be an art for which I believe I have little talent. I suspect here's a significant amount of work to do to get the image you want, but the effects can be quite stunning. A recent attempt (see left) didn't come out too bad. A higher resolution image can be seen here. Other people have created some fantastic pictures and there's quite an active group on flickr you may wish to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment