Monday, April 30, 2012

Kumeu with Sue

Country and Western singer/song writer Sue Dyson
Did I have fun?  You bet!  Out in the country with a pretty girl taking photos, who wouldn't!!  I met Sue about lunchtime then headed off to meet Jolene Trask at HairArt.  Jolene made an already good looking woman into a stunningly pretty lady.  Hair and makeup added to emphasise Sue's features and natural colours.  Jolene did a wonderful job and came with us on the shoot to make sure everything kept looking good as we worked the scenes.
Sue Dyson out on the farm.
I wasn't too sure what I was going to find at the farm, but was hoping I'd bet a chance to use the 70-200mm lens.  In fact this was the lens I ended up using most of the time.  Having said that, the first two shots in this post were taken with the 85mm prime.  The problem I was having was the perspective and compression offered by the longer lenses necessitated me standing a reasonable distance back from Sue.  Mind you, the gorgeous bokeh achievable when using at large apertures with longer lenses made it worth it I think..

Lighting was all natural, apart from the occasional kick from a gold reflector.  Monochrome effect created courtesy of Silver Efex, which I must admit is a product of which I'm becoming increasingly fond.

I leave you with a few more shots of Sue and a link to her website.  Perhaps you'd like to listen to her as well as look.  Oh, and if you click on an image you'll get to see the shots a little larger.
Gorgeous bokeh.  70-200mm lens at f2.8

Sue Dyson holding on to her hat.  70-200mm at f2.8

Shot with the 85mm prime.  Light was starting to fade now, but we managed a few shots. Lovely golden colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment