Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Zealand Senior Rhythmic Group

In the Gymsport Centre at Bruce Pullman Park today we witnessed a stunning display by the New Zealand Senior Rhythmic Group.  The girls have just come back from Melbourne where they won gold in the Pacific Rim Competition.  All being well the scores will be sufficient to allow them to participate at the World Championships in Moscow later this year.

The lighting wasn't as bright as I was expecting and I needed a fast shutter speed to freeze the actions as much as possible.  ISO was set at 1600 and aperture set at f2.8 to try to keep the shutter speed over 1/100.  Spot focus and exposure was selected and the shutter release was set at continuous high - I didn't want to miss a shot!

Images have been cropped slightly - I was using my trusty 50mm lens - but other than this there's been no twiddles to the images.


No comments:

Post a Comment