Saturday, February 27, 2010

Busy and tired!

There seems to be so much going on at present that I'm starting to feel pretty tired and in need of a rest.  I suppose I had a sort of rest when we headed out to the beach earlier today.  Maraetai, not far from where we live, and always a pleasure to visit.  Not many people there and the water was quite warm ... so I was told!  I tried multiple images with a view to making an HDR shot, but with the waves lapping on the beach the images didn't align very well, and, if truth be told, the view wasn't that special really.  I've attached an image to the post to give you an idea of the place.  There's many more images from South Auckland and Maraetai on my flickr pages if you fancy having a squiz.
After a walk down to Magazine Bay we headed back home in time to collect a daughter from the station.  As usual I took the camera in the hope I'd get a shot of the train.  I tried multiple images again, but people moving made all my images unsuitable to combine ... I just ended up with lots of ghosts on the platform!  The image below is a single shot image of my daughter's train arriving at Homai Station.
Another shot I quite liked, really because of the clouds, is of the train a bit further out of the station.  Again, because of the movement, this is yet another single shot HDR image.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment