Saturday, December 24, 2011

Out in the garden ...

Time to have a bit of fun with camera and my new tripod.  I went out in the back yard with my son.  I've only got my shots in this post ... I did ask for some of the closeup shots my son did with his Nikon P500, but nothing has been forthcoming yet!!

First shot is of a "Hen and Chickens" fern.  I like the idea of isolating the fern from its background especially as there was so much colour in the background that contrasted with the green of the fern.

Second shot is a weed!  I was quite taken with shape of the flower ... and again, isolating the bloom from its background.


The last three shots are of the agapanthus that are just coming into bloom along my driveway.  We'll get about two months of blooms out of these plants then its the boring green foliage.  Right now they're rather pretty.  Perhaps let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment